This is the 13th of our 14-week program, where we provide Lesson #13, on You Being Made for Greatness. Let’s start with my three favorite Scripture verses:
- Jeremiah 1:5 – “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. And before you went forth from the womb, I sanctified you. And I made you a prophet to the nations.”
- Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- John 10:10 – I have come so that they may have life, and have it more abundantly.
To me, these verses mean that we are made for Greatness:
- God conceived of us thousands of years ago
- Made each of us with special gifts, talents, desires
- He made us for a specific purpose
- He made us in His image and likeness
- As part of His grand plan, individually and as a part of all of humanity
- God doesn’t make mistakes; He doesn’t make junk
- On a scale of 1-10, we are all 10s
- God loves you more than you’ll ever know, no matter what you’ve ever done
- He wants the very best for you
- He wants you to be happy
- In fact…God made YOU for Greatness
We all want to live good lives, to be successful and to be happy. To do so, we have to embrace God’s plan for our lives (simple, not easy)…that’s how we find our Greatness. That’s how I found mine; that’s how you can find yours’.
Simple Doesn’t Mean Easy
With what the world emphasizes as making us happy, I’m not suggesting that surrendering to God’s will is an easy thing. It can be done though by following the steps detailed in these lessons. As discussed, it takes conversion. For me, it also required understanding just how little control I had (have), in addition to coming to a place of finally believing that God:
- Loves you more than you love yourself,
- Knows what’s best for you, and
- Wants your happiness more than you do.
Greatness here isn’t defined as wealth or power or prominence; it’s not notoriety or fame. The greatness we are talking about is being the very best you can be with the significant and unique gifts God has given you. It means responding with a full YES to whatever God is asking of you. You’ll know you’re on the right track because when you start living this way, you’ll no longer feel overwhelmed. Instead, you’ll be fulfilled; you’ll experience peace and have joy in your life.
Lastly, I’m not suggesting that living this life will eliminate all of your problems. We all encounter challenges in our lives. You will continue to do so. What I can guarantee you is that you’ll be able to endure those struggles in an entirely different way. I can also guarantee you that living this life of Greatness that God calls you to will change your life forever….for the significant BETTER!!!
So, here’s my suggestion for this week:
- During your morning prayer routine this week, think about two things:
- What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?
- Given your talents, desires, and needs, what is God calling you to? Listen for His voice, which will lead you to your God given purpose….your GREATNESS!!!
- Watch this Friday’s video on this same subject….it will be emailed to you.
Please join us next Wednesday for Week #14 when we conclude these lessons by talking about True Peace, Joy, and Fulfillment. As always, please feel free to get to me with questions, comments, or concerns at Mark@MarkJosephMinistries.com.
God Bless you on your Path to Peace, Joy, and Fulfillment!!!
Week #1 – Being Overwhelmed
Week #2 – Earning the love of others
Week #3 – Lack of self-love
Week #4 – Fear
Week #5 – False gods, False happiness
Week #6 – Life’s Tragedies
Week #7 – Wounds, Resentments
Week #8 – Discovering God’s Love
Week #9 – Forgiveness and healing
Week #10 – Becoming the best Possible You
Week #11 – Path to Peace
Week #12 – Finding your Purpose
Week #13 – You were made for Greatness
Week #14 – True Peace, Joy, and Fulfillment