Last week’s blog was titled “Are You Happy With Your Life?” It posed questions like…
- Have you accomplished what you’ve wanted?
- Done what you’ve desired?
- Seen what you’ve aspired to see?
- Are you fulfilled in your work?
- Pleased with your relationships?
I went on to indicate that spending time dreaming (accompanied by prayer…this is a Christian blog) is a good first step to creating a vision for your life, then indicating that your hopes and dreams align with your strengths and desires (the things you like). It’s the way God wired you, the way He made you…wanting you to be happy, to be fulfilled.
Wow!!! Can that be the case?
Here’s the deal. God conceived of you thousands of years ago. He made you for a very specific purpose, with special talents, desires, and needs. God made you in His image and likeness, as a part of His grand plan. God doesn’t make junk or mistakes. He loves you more than you’ll ever know, no matter what you’ve ever done. He wants you to be happy, to be fulfilled.
God made your for greatness!!!
Let’s break all that down…
God loves you more than you’ll ever know
The above is incredibly true. God is love. He loves us collectively and individually. God loves us deeply and passionately…so much so that He gave His only begotten Son to die that torturous death on the Cross for our sins. God loves you and wants the very, very best for you.
Specific purpose; special talents
All of us have them. You can’t pay attention to those around you, whether family, friends, coworkers, or other, and not notice that there aren’t two of us that are made alike. Of the 7 billion on this earth, you are abundantly unique in the talents you have. Those God-given talents go to the purpose God has for you.
Made for Greatness
Scripture tells us…
- Jeremiah 1:5 – “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. And before you went forth from the womb, I sanctified you. And I made you a prophet to the nations.”
- Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Put the above things together…we have a God that loves us, gifted us uniquely, made us for a special purpose, and to do great things.
The only way to be truly happy is to live out the plan that God has laid out for your life. To do so:
- Discern your God-given purpose
- Hone your God-given gifts
You’ll find your Greatness. You’ll be fulfilled. You’ll be happy. That’s it. There’s no other way.
Some questions for you:
- What’s your purpose?
- What are your gifts?
- What’s your plan for happiness?
Feel free to contact me at Mark@MarkJosephMinistries.com.
God Bless you on your Path to Peace, Joy, and Fulfillment!!!