What if you knew the truth….how would it change your life?
Did you ever think to yourself, “if I could only do this” or “if I could only do that”? Or how about, “if I were only better at….” You believe that if you were better at something or had a different skill set, your life would be better.
In addition to the above, you think, “if I could only have ‘X’, I would be happy”. If truthful, most often you’re thinking of ‘X’ as prominence, possessions, or pleasure.
We’re constantly searching for and trying to do all of the things that we think are going to make us happy.
What I Thought Would Make Me Happy
The above was true for me for the longest time. It was all about the prominence, possessions, and pleasure. Those were the things that I thought were going to make me happy. Those were the things that were going to prove to other people my success, my place in this world…which would contribute to my happiness.
I worked endless hours. I pushed and pushed and pushed related to my career. And I bought a bunch of really nice, cool stuff.
Guess what…none of it made me happy.
Then I Learned the Truth
Then I learned the truth…something that changed my life forever. Did you know that…
- You have a God who loves you unconditionally
- Who gave His only begotten Son to die a torturous death for your sins
- Who (Jesus) rose from the dead so you can live in His glory
- God conceived of you thousands of years ago
- He made you in His image and likeness, individually and as part of all of humanity
- God made you with special gifts and talents
- He made you with a specific purpose
- He wants you to be happy and fulfilled
- God made you for Greatness!!!
All of the above is true. And here’s what else is true…the only way we’re ever going to be happy is to understand our identity as a child of God, use our God given talents, fulfilling God’s purpose for our lives, and abiding in His will. That’s it…the ONLY way.
It’s true, it’s Scriptural, as referenced below:
- Jeremiah 1:5 – “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. And before you went forth from the womb, I sanctified you. And I made you a prophet to the nations.”
- Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- John 10:10 – I have come so that they may have life, and have it more abundantly.
God loves you more than you’ll ever know, no matter what you’ve ever done. He made you a specific way and knows what is best for you. Embrace this truth and live a life of Peace, Joy, and Fulfillment.
As always, please get to me with questions or comments at Mark@MarkJosephMinistries.com.
God Bless you on your Path to Peace, Joy, and Fulfillment!!!